1. Feeling settled into my home, neighborhood, job. Having some semblance of a routine. Finally beginning to get comfortable.
2. Visiting Alex’s folks for Thanksgiving and offering to make them a Persian meal. Not knowing whether I could do it. The timer going off, all of us gathering around the stove. Flipping the dish onto the platter and seeing how it turned out. All of us whooping in excitement, Dianne hugging me.
3. Going into nature and finding several leaves, pinecones, small pieces of wood that sparked something creative in me. Packing them ever so carefully for my flight back home, and excitedly planning DIY content around them.
4. Decorating my new home for my favorite time of year. Stringing up lights, decorating a tree, shaking out all the cozy blankets and cranking up my holiday playlist… these are always my favorite things.
5. Running out for a coffee, seeing some white flakes coming down from the sky, and worrying about getting “construction debris” on me. Going back inside and suddenly realizing I had just experienced my first snow in NYC. Ha!